Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Friendship Bracelets: The love that keeps coming back


this is a bracelet I made quite a while ago, but it's one of my most impressive and favorite designs


Well, I'm into friendship bracelets again.

What? I can't help it. I blame Regretsy. Someone made a club fuckery bracelet for the charity store and I saw it, and immediately got re-hooked. Now I'm working on learning some new designs to add to my repetoire, and checking out nifty ones I see on Etsy and trying to see if I can replicate/improve on them. Hopefully that won't result in any butthurt from people, but I also know that very few of those designs are self-designed and I figure if I can reverse-engineer it.. well, anyway.

I did manage to find a pattern site, so I imagine that'll keep me occupied.

In non-crafty news, I am moving from New York to Montana next Tuesday- this time I'm doing it fully, bringing a uhaul and everything. My dad and I will be switching off on driving, and he'll get to meet Jeremy's family, so.. that'll be nifty. Of course I am stressed out beyond belief, but I am trying to do a craft for one hour before bed- without the computer in front of me (Crazy, I know!!!!)- to see if that can help me with my sleep problems. It seemed to help a little bit last night, so I have high hopes that it will continue to help. We'll see, though.

I made one bracelet last night- it was a 3-strander diagonal stripe in purple, lavender, and pink- I'm wearing it now. Very thin, but also cute. I do like handmade bracelets because I can customize them to my own wrist- which is of course larger than normal. There's also something relaxing about arranging the knots into patterns.

Plus my cat loves to watch me, so how cool is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment